hi its Eric I was out today because I was sick and I was wandering what the homework was and was there anything handed out today in class that I can print out and do.
On the Early humans page there are some notes under Early Human Transitions you can print out. Also, at the bottom of the page is the formative assessment we started. You have to write the first paragraph for homework. Do your best I can catch you up when you return.
hi Mr. St.Pierre its Brianna I was told that the chapter 7-8 questions for the skull in the rock reading was on here and me and my mom cant find it we can only find the questions for chapter 5-6 and 9-10 but not 7-8 and I need help with that. Please. Thank you! ;)
Chapters 5-8 are on the Early humans page but I copied and pasted them.
ANC CIVMr. St. Pierre
Skull in the Rock Chapters 5-8
1. Why was Lee depressed after he received the National Geographic Society award?
2. How did new technology change the human origins field of study?
3. Why did Lee’s Tuang child theory become relevant again?
1. Why doesn’t Google Earth use exact coordinates?
2. How did Google Earth open up new possibilities for Lee?
3. What does the author mean when he says “backyard syndrome?
Chapter 7 The Answer
1. What did Matthews find turn out to be? What was the age? What clues gave the fossils potential age?
2. What methods did they use to try to figure out the fossils exact age?
3. How was the name Karabo chosen? What does it mean?
4. What is the crucial crossing period between Lucy and Homo Erectus?
5. How rare is it to find full fossils next to each other?
Chapter 8 Dating Karabo
1. Why do scientists have to go to dried river beds or caves to find fossils?
2. Why is radiocarbon dating useless for dating Lucy?
3. What is relative dating? What example is used in the book
4. What are two other types of dating that use the elements left behind?
5. How and Why did the term hominid change to hominin?